(SEE programme - Strategic)
GIFT Consortium is composed of 27 partners that represent a significant geographical area of the SEE region (i.e. Balkan region, Black Sea Region, Adriatic Region, Danube region) where freight transport is a dominant sector and key ingredient for the competitiveness of the region. The main aim GIFT project is to map, analyze and evaluate the status of the transport sector in the SOUTH EAST EUROPE Regions and to propose new policies and strategies in infrastructure, processes, assets, ICT, legislation, norms and harmonization/ standardization issues, in order to promote innovative green intermodal freight transport corridors.
In summary, the objectives of the project are:
· Identification of green corridors in the region and promotion of technical innovation.
· Development of proposals for the establishment of regional authorities (i.e. Corridor Operation Agencies) that will be responsible for the corridors operational activities such as planning, monitoring & execution, customs clearance, marketing, training, as well as the issuing of green certificates.
· Develop an ICT tool for intermodal trip planning that will support the minimization of environmental impact.
KiNNO Consultants Ltd. as the external expert of the University of Aegean, is responsible for:
· Developing Proposals for Green Freight Transport in the Corridor IV
· Designing the Methodology for the implementation of Desktop Corridors Testing on green freight transport
· Designing and developing of the innovative ICT Tool “Green Observatory” for green freight transport and certification
· Conducting Policy Roadmap for Green Freight Transport in SEE Area
Partnership: Ministry of Infrastructure, Transport & Networks (Greece), UNIVERSITY OF THE AEGEAN- RESEARCH UNIT (Greece), TRAINOSE S.A. (Greece), Regional Inter-University Consortium of Apulia Region (Italy) , Democenter-Sipe S.c.r.l. (Greece), National Company – The Maritime Danube Ports Administration SA Galati (Romania), Institute of Traffic and Transport Ljubljana l.l.c. (Slovenia), Verona Innovation – Special Agency of the Chamber of Commerce of Verona (Italy), Public Foundation for the Development of Industry (Hungary), Executive Agency Maritime Administration (Bulgaria), Luka Koper, port and logistic system, d.d. (Slovenia), Rail Cargo Hungaria (Hungary), Baja Public Port Ltd. (hungary), Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry Krusevac (Serbia), Intermodal Transport Cluster (Croatia), Institute of Transport (Albania), Marche Region – Great CommunicationInfrastructures, Viability and Public Waters Department (Italy), WATERBORNE TRANSPORT DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (Slovakia), Ministry of Transport Construction and Regional Development of the Slovak Republic (Slovakia), Republic of Slovenia, Ministry of Transport (Slovenia), Slovenian Railways - Infrastructure, Ltd. (Slovenia), Special Agency of the Port of Chioggia (Italy), CFI - Compagnia Ferroviaria Italiana (Italy), Ministry for infrastructuresand transport – Rail Regulator's Office (Italy), Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy of the Republic Serbia (Serbia), The Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure-General Directorate for Infrastructure, Multimodal Transport and Private Sector Participation (Romania), ALEXANDROUPOLIS PORT AUTHORITY S.A. (Greece)