In the context of "FOCUS" - Strengthening competitiveness of agri-food SMEs through transnational Clusters, KiNNO Consultants was responsible to provide Mentoring and Coaching services to 25 local agri-food SMEs, startups and entrepreneurs for auditing and validating Innovative agri-food project ideas and developing their Feasibility Business Plan.
The agri-food SMEs operated in the Region of Peloponnese and were active in different agri-food subsectors such as Olives & Olive oil or Seed oil (5 SMEs), Fruits & Juices (10 SMEs), Wine, Raisin and wine products (5 SMEs), Dairy products (3 SMEs), Beverages and Spirits (1 SME), Pasta (2 SMEs), Sweet (1 SME).
KiNNO Consultants identified through the screening service and by organizing in-site visits their needs and implement a feasibility business plan for each SME. The feasibility business plans were focused mainly on:
- Valorization of by-products
- Change or to produce new products
- Record of environmental footprint of the process line
- New environmentally friendly packaging
- Incorporation of natural bioactive compounds
- Increase of the shelf-life through physical processes
- Pasteurization methods
- Osmotic dehydration
- Precision Agriculture
- Repasso unit, olives lower in salt
Additional needs that were identifying for the SMEs by the implementation of the service were:
- Participation in B2B networking events in Greece and abroad for the identification of new clients and cooperation.
- Collaboration with research organizations from Greece and abroad
- Collaboration with other companies from Greece and abroad for knowledge exchange
- Participation in capacity building initiatives and supportive services