"FOCUS" - Strengthening competitiveness of agri-food SMEs through transnational Clusters
(Balkan - MED Programme)
99.1% of Europe's 286,000 food and drink companies are SMEs, accounting for 51,6% of turnover (524 billion) and 64.3% of employment (2.9 million jobs) in Europe's food and drink industry (2011 data). But, the food industry needs to find innovative ways to become more sustainable and efficient and capable of delivering safe, healthy and of high quality foods covering current modern consumer needs.
FOCUS project recognizing the challenges of traditional agricultural and food SMEs in Balkan-Med aims at increasing the competitiveness of local SMEs and startups through Innovation and Technology Transfer and fostering transnational cooperation among all key actors and stakeholders of the 4-Helix model. The project will support Agri-food SMEs and startups in Balkan-Med area through capacity building activities, information on economic, technological and ecological issues, encouraging business development and supporting the new products development, adoption of new business models, adoption of new technologies, investigation of new markets and improvement of food processes.
KiNNO Consultants LTD. is responsible for:
- Designing Methodology for Mapping and Benchmarking existing Agri-food Clusters in Balkan-med area
- Conducting Benchmarking Study on Innovative Agri-food Clusters and networks in Balkan-med area
- Mapping the Agri-food Innovation and Technology Profile of the Region of Peloponnese
- Designing FOCUS Balkan-Med Agri-food Clusters Design and Operation Methodology
- Designing Action Plan for the Design, Composition and Operation of a FOCUS Agri-food Regional Cluster in the Region of Peloponnese
- Providing Mentoring and Coaching services to 25 local agri-food SMEs, startups and entrepreneurs for auditing and validating Innovative agri-food project ideas and developing their Feasibility Business Plan
- Designing Capacity Building modules for soft-skills development: marketing, leadership, extroversion, business strategy, business plan, financing, innovation management, organic products.
- Conducting RIS3 Regional Policy Recommendations Roadmap
- Conducting Agrifood Technology Transfer Guide
Partnership: Region of Peloponnese (Greece), National Technical University of Athens (Greece), Agricultural University of Athens (Greece), Cyprus Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Cyprus), Local Economic Development Agency of Vlora (Albania), Business Support Centre for Small and Medium Enterprises - Ruse (Bulgaria), Agricultural University of Plovdiv - Faculty of Plant Protection and Agroecology (Bulgaria).