"IPATECH" – Miniaturization technology: synergies of research and innovation to enhance the economic development of the Adriatic
(IPA Adriatic Cross Border Programme)
IPATECH aims at developing an Agro-Food Transnational cooperation network for integrated trans-regional cooperation between knowledge & technology providers, innovation intermediaries and SMEs in the agro-food sector and thus facilitate industrial and commercial exploitation of research results by taking into account technology and other “soft” aspects in the process. Innovative food production systems, higher quality standards, and an evolution towards value-added products are important ingredients in meeting the challenges posed by more competitive food markets but small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are vulnerable in this changing environment.
In summary, the objectives of the project are:
- Support & facilitate targeted research-driven innovations by providing a portfolio of tools, technologies & systems to foster research & innovation in Agro-food Sector & share Best Practices.
- Capacity Building & transfer of know-how.
- Transfer of technological innovations to assist agro-food SMEs in becoming more competitive, by adopting newly developed research products, technologies & solutions (eg. Miniaturized Production lines) as well as Establishment of Agro-food Innovation Centres & Agro-food Technology & Innovation Platform to assist identification of research commercialization opportunities.
- Promote synergies and highlight additional sectors of intervention, future initiatives, funding & governance models.
KiNNO Consultants LTD. as the external expert of the Business and Innovation Center of Epirus (BIC of Epirus) is responsible for:
- Designing and conducting the Analysis Report for the establishment of the in-house Agrofood Innovation Center (IC) in Ioannina and the portfolio of services to be provided to local businesses. TheIC will act as technology intermediary, information point and networking enhancer.
- Developing targeted Training modules on Agrofood Innovation and increasing the technical skills of local agrofood businesses and SMEs on innovation via a Regional Capacity Building Workshop.
- Conducting an Evaluation Report for assessing the success of the pilot experimentation of Miniaturized Production lines and provision of targeted services to local businesses.
- Conducting a Business & Exploitation Plan for the sustainability of the Agrofood Innovation Center in Ioannina that will also include the Business Model for the commercial exploitation of the portfolio of services.
- Developing the Agrofood Innovation Policy Roadmap which will consist of recommendations and policy interventions for the sustainability of the Agrofood sector in the Region of Epirus.
- Providing technical support to the Business & Innovation Center of Epirus for the organization of a set of Dissemination & Networking events.
Partnership: Association of Entrepreneurs and Employers of Zepce UPIP (Bosnia & Herzegovina), University of Teramo (Italy), Consiglio per la Ricerca e la Sperimentazione in Agricoltura - Unità di Ricerca per l'Orticoltura C.R.A. ORA (Italy), AZRRI Agency for Rural Development of Istria Region Ltd Pazin (Croatia), E.C. Business & Innovation Center of Epirus – BIC (Greece), AULEDA Local Economic Development Agency (Albania), Croatian Chamber of Economy - Zadar County Chamber (Croatia), Rural Development Association (Italy), Albanian Development Fund (Albania).
In order to access to the IPATECH Agrofood Innovation e-platform follow the link: http://www.ipatechproject.eu/main/index.php/en/96-agrofood-innovation-platform