"TourINN-act" - Tourism INNovation Actions and cross-sectoral cooperation in SMEs
TourINN-act aims at boosting the uptake of digitalisation and innovation by tourism SMEs through specific transnational cooperation and capacity building actions and the provision of financial support to minimum of 60 tourism SMEs from different countries in the form of vouchers, developing new organisational models for the management of tourism spaces and innovative solutions for the modernisation of the tourist experience, improving the fruition of the tourist offer and making SMEs more sustainable and profitable in the medium-long term.
The objectives of the project are:
- Take advantage of the TourINN-act support scheme based on the provision of vouchers aimed at financing innovative intersectoral projects that provide for the adoption of digital, sustainable and smart solutions by SMEs in the tourism ecosystem.
- Get a broader vision on the new competitiveness factors deriving from the use of digital technologies and sustainable practices thanks to the TourINN-Roadmap on innovative and sustainable practices and to the Catalogue of digital solutions for tourism sector recovery.
- Improve tourism SMEs' use of new digital technologies and sustainable practices – resulting in new business models in tourism – through dedicated e-courses, mentoring sessions and webinars.
- Reinforce transnational and cross-border cooperation, in particular among tourism SMEs, businesses and public stakeholders in the innovation ecosystems, to enable smart and sustainable growth of tourism and new market opportunities for all parties by facilitating their participation in peer-learning sessions, matchmaking schemes and participation processes for sharing knowledge.
KiNNO Consultants Ltd., being a TourINN-Act project partner, participates in all its actions, including the project management and communication actions. As the leader of WP2, KiNNO is responsible for:
- Needs analysis of tourism SMEs with regards to digital, innovative and sustainable solutions
- Mapping and Identification of digital, innovative and sustainable solutions that can be applied by tourism SMEs and development of
° a Roadmap for innovative and sustainable practices for tourism SMEs,
° of a Catalogue of digital and sustainable solutions aiming at support tourism SMEs
° a step-by-step Guide with implementation steps for the application of digital and sustainable solutions
- Definitions of the process of providing and distributing vouchers to tourism SMEs.
In addition, KiNNO will contribute to the following activities of the project:
- Development of a call for proposals for providers of digital and sustainable solutions
- Development of the TourINN-Platform, for automated matchmaking between companies that provide innovative and sustainable solutions and travel companies that benefit from the voucher program
- Organization of the TourINN-Match, for the creation of Alliances for participation in cross-sectoral and transnational experimental projects
- Publication of the Open Invitation of the TourINN-Act to enhance the innovation of the tourism media, selection of candidate proposals and granting vouchers for the implementation of smart digital and sustainable practices.
Improving the adoption of digitization, innovative, smart and sustainable solutions by the tourism media supported by the project, as well as the creation of strategic alliances.
Partnership: ICEBERG CONSULTING SRL (Romania), KNOWLEDGE & INNOVATION CONSULTANTS SYMVOULEFTIKI MONOPROSOPI EPE Greece), UP PROJECT GESTION DE PROYECTOS, S.L. (Spain), JO CONSULTING SRL (Italy), G.G. EUROSUCCESS CONSULTING LIMITED (Cyprus), City Hall of Brasov (Romania)
This project is funded by the European Union’s COSME Programme.