(FP7 – INCO)
ESASTAP Plus will support the deepening of scientific and technological cooperation with a special focus on innovation. This will be achieved by supporting South Africa’s participation in Horizon 2020, but also by promoting reciprocal European participation in South African programmes. Specific input will be provided to enrich the bilateral policy dialogue, notably to identify priority areas for mutually beneficial cooperation. A major focus will be to target coordination of Member States and Associated Countries' research policies and programmes vis-à-vis South Africa, encouraging the development of new joint initiatives implemented by several countries. Synergy between different EU cooperation initiatives will also be encouraged, e.g. between development cooperation and research programmes.
- Enrich the science, technology and innovation policy dialogue;
- Promote strategic cooperation under the main instruments, chiefly Horizon 2020;
- Better coordinate and exploit synergy between EU and national programmes; and
- Expand cooperation to specifically address innovation partnerships.
The role of KiNNO Consultants Ltd. in the project is to:
- Provide a concrete methodological framework for the exploitation of FP7 results in a future commercial context.
- Elaborate of a solid exploitation plan methodology for market up-take for successful results.
- Develop an action plan for exploitation and commercialization strategies for R&D results generated during, or at the end of FP7 projects
- Support Innovation Collaboration between the EU and South Africa
- Develop a knowledge management concept
Partnership: Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas – Greece, Department of Science and Technology - South Africa, Agenzia Per La Promozione Della Ricerca Europea – Italy, German Aerospace Centre: International Bureau of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research – Germany, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement - France, KiNNO Knowledge and Innovation Consultants – Greece, Verein Euresearch-Switzerland, Academy of Science for South Africa - South Africa, Southern Africa Research and Innovation Management Association - South Africa.