(European Commision DG Research & Innovation)
The project aims at bridging the gap between the research results and exploitation in order to provide European SMEs with a series of tailored services. ESIC2 is the initiative within the Innovation Platform of the European Commission DG Research & Innovation to help EC’s funded projects of the Industrial Technologies Programme (Nanosciences, Nanotechnologies, Materials and New Production Technologies - NMP) address non-technological exploitation issues.
The Innovation Platform helps NMP projects to bridge the gap between research outcomes and exploitation providing a series of tailored services. NMP project partners can request the following services. If the request is validated by the Commission, these services are provided by exploitation strategy and innovation consultants for free and under confidentiality agreement.
The contractor appointed for the initiative is META Group.Consultants are selected by the contractor, in agreement with the Commission.
· Project Risk Analysis (PRA) to identify the risks and potential obstacles to the future exploitation of project results.
· Exploitation Strategy Seminars (ESS) to brainstorm on how a consortium can address the risks and potential obstacles identified in the PRA.
· Business plan development service to assist partners with this crucial step towards exploitation.
· Assistance for patenting to support the partners with the writing, filing and legal follow-up of patents.
· Assistance for standardisation to help partners to exploit project results that can benefit from the development of standards
KiNNO Consultants Ltd. will act as Exploitation Strategy expert.