iBlue contributes to the sustainable relaunch of yachting sector (shipbuilding, nautical services, tourism) creating a Med transnational network to help the economic upturn by sharing business models (BM) which integrate the 3 pillars of sustainability (environmental, social, economic), developing the “3-PBM” methodology.
The sector is now facing crisis and unemployment challenges, but a focus only on economic aspect would represent a threat for the Med ecosystem balance, from an environmental and a social viewpoint. “3-PBM” application and the systematic data collection will create a database providing:
- a critical mass of knowledge about Med yachting in terms of economic impact, employment, strengths, weaknesses and sustainability, exploitable by several users (SMEs, policy makers, researchers)
- an indicator system about the sustainability of the yachting enterprises, useful to the policy makers for a better resource allocation and for impact evaluation
- a collection of best practices, innovation patterns and policies exploitable by Med yachting sector actors for performance improvement
- training material for the realization of sustainable BM in yachting, going towards circular economy principles, and for the maritime tourists for improving awareness about rules for Med safeguard.
A transnational action allows a sustainable development of the whole yachting sector of the Med, protecting at the same time nature, beauty and culture of its territories and its people
KiNNO Consultants LTD. is responsible for:
- Network of yacht and maritime tourism companies in the Mediterranean area
- Network sustainability plan
Partnership: University of Udine (Italy), Science and Technology Park of the University of Rijeka (Croatia), Groupe Kedge Business School (France), Official Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Shipping of Seville (Spain), Cyprus Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Cyprus), Lasithi Chamber of Commerce (Greece), University of Primorska (Slovenia), RCDI - Development and Innovation Network (Portugal), Durres Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Albania).